My Casa Bella

COME IN THE EVENING, OR COME IN THE MORNING;

COME WHEN YOU'RE LOOK'D FOR,

OR COME WITHOUT WARNING.

KISSES AND WELCOME YOU'LL FIND BEFORE YOU,

AND THE OFTENER YOU COME HERE

THE MORE I'LL ADORE YOU!

-Thomas Osbourne Davis



Welcome To My Casa Bella

My Casa Bella- means-my beautiful home- but it can mean so many other things. How you make your home a home. The sounds of children or pets playing. The aroma of scones in the oven or a lilac candle burning. The flowers blooming in your garden. The home grown vegetables ready to be picked. Grandma's quilt at the foot of the bed. A fire to curl up to with a good book. Or just a family spending time together with love, laughter and a good time.





















Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Trees, Trees, and More Trees, OH MY!!!!

So this is where we live.
In a very wooded area, just outside of Washington D.C., believe it or not.
This County we live in do not believe in cutting down trees unless you have a very good reason for doing so.
And in this community, not sure if it's a County Law, but in this community we live in, you cut a tree down on your property you have to replace it with another.
Because as you can see we're lacking in trees.
Now don't get me wrong, I love trees, I love how it keeps us cooler in the summer here.
We have lovely views from our deck and windows
 
Trees:
 
Trees:
 
And more trees:

 
And it's beautiful.
But when a storm comes through, and not just rain, a severe storm it scares me half to death because a lot of these trees are very tall and old.
They built this community in the middle of the woods here.
So when it storms and you see these large trees swaying side to side it makes you sick because you're just waiting to hear or see a tree going down.
And it has happened. We've been here two years and so far we've been OK
BUT NOT LAST NIGHT!!!
Storm suddenly came, winds picked up, rain coming down so hard you could hardly see out, the trees were bending way too much for me not to be frightened, then the lights went out!
Suddenly I see this black shadow go past our living room windows and I just braced myself to see what that was and where was it going
Then a loud crashing sound and this is what we saw
 
 
Believe it or not, it's not a tree, it's a tree limb, that's how large these trees are.
It shattered our table, crushed a chair and broke another chair.
Split our pine tree and it's hanging over the fence.
The fence seems to be OK.
Hmmm, will the Insurance cover a new table and chairs?
We'll see.
But all is OK, we're fine, the house is fine, it could of been a lot worse.
UGH, these storms are getting really scary and violent.
 
 
 
 


6 comments:

  1. I imagine how scary the storm was! How terrible the destruction that it left on your property :-(. Hoping you are able to recuperate from it soon! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you sweet friend, we survived and are still cleaning up the mess.
    Hugs to you too! @bitsofstitching

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, so many trees! I´m sorry for the damage - but I´m happy that you and your family are ok!
    I found your blog because of your comment on Pearl´s blog.... We have a Hindi group in our congregation hall, too! I´m from Austria. My husband and I live in Vienna. Nice to meet you!
    Have a nice day!
    Ulina

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are preparing for our visit next month .... If you like you could contact me on my web site via IG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Well I can't find you on IG are you using the name Briarrose or briarroseju?

      Delete
  5. Yikes! That is scary. Glad you are all ok.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment.